Bachelors of Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc. CSIT) is a four year , eight semester course affiliated to Tribhuvan University designed to provide adequate knowledge to the student in the field of Information Technology and Computing. There are currently 53 Colleges offers BSc.CSIT program in Nepal.
This course offer several elective courses to fulfil the need and demand of high technology application development. The study of software hardware and information and communication technologies to provide student with the skills needed for a challeng9ng and evolving career.
As we all know that the education field of Nepal is developing. Many courses are being added to give a student the practical education rather than theoretical education in different field to make the student familiar in their prospective field in real market. From different courses Information technology is one of them. In today’s century information technology is changing the way of life, working mechanism and changing the systems of many fields. To change the education system, the practical knowledge in IT so many different related course has been introduced BSc.CSIT (Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Technology. This course provide adequate knowledge about Computer Science and practical knowledge in the areas of Information Technology.
However, the main aim of the B.Sc. CSIT program can be enlisted as:
- To provide knowledge of Computer Science and Information Technology in both theoretical and the tough practical knowledge.
- This course provide students with adequate professional exposure as it approaches with implementable practical, projects, internship which are inclusive in the curriculum.
- The course is designed to meet the need of need of the undergraduate student requirement and to meet the need of market demand and fast changing technology and application. So, its aim is to provide extensive understanding and experience with the present world technology.
- Develop creative and analytical skills that provides a basis for technological problem-solving.
- To provide knowledge of advanced IT applications used in different business sectors.
- To provide necessary knowledge in the field of functional knowledge of hardware system and necessary knowledge of computer software system.
To be eligible to get admission for the BSc.CSIT course, the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Should have completed a twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
- You must have secured a minimum of second division in their +2 or equivalent.
- Should obtained at least 35%mark in the entrance examination conducted by Tribhuvan University.
- Compiled with all the application procedures.
(Note: Both Biology and Mathematics group of students of +2 level are eligible to apply for the course)
After completing the Bsc.CSIT program under TU, students have job opportunities in areas related to the computer science and modern information technology. Bsc.CSIT graduates have opportunities to build careers at different government and non-government institutions, software and computer networking companies, private and public organizations as IT experts and more industries wherever there is a need of computer science and information technology professionals.
Few of the job titles that a Bsc.CSIT graduates can acquire are given below:
- Web developer and web designer
- Software engineers and application developers
- IT manager/ officer
- Database and network administrators
- Project managers
- Search engine optimization officers
- Technical content writers
- Telecommunication engineers
- Computer system analysts
- Information system analysts
- Artificial intelligence specialist